Artisan Photographic Books
I believe that photographs, just like stories, belong in books. I’ve always liked old books for their quality, distinctiveness, and age marks. The scratches on their leather reveal previous lives. I wanted that quality, warmth, and depth in the books I give my clients. I wanted the books to be the finest things I could give. So I commissioned my own.
These books are the collaboration of artisans: the uncompromising printing of Cracked Melon Editions and the antique whimsy of Bibliographica bookbinding in New Zealand. The materials and techniques are as good as it gets.
• Archival, textured, heavy-gram paper
• Archival art printing (you have to see to believe)
• Reclaimed, toothy leathers
• Personalized Italian endsheets
• Handtorn edges
• Hand-sewn, old-style binding